I really love Tumblr, but one major issue I, as a VoiceOver user, have is the inability to actually play audio uploaded to Tumblr. For whatever reason, Tumblr uses an embedded Flash player for uploaded audio and this is inaccessible to VoiceOver. In Googling possible ways to download audio from Tumblr, I came across the following post which, although not exactly what I was looking for, at least explains how Tumblr audio works.
“How do I download music off Tumblr?”
Mac users (I don’t know the Windows solution):
1. Open the audio post in Safari.
2. In Safari’s menu, click “Window” -> “Activity”. (This opens a window that shows what files Safari is loading.)
3. On the audio post, hit play.
4. Among the URLs in the Activity window is one starting with s3.amazon.com. Double-click it to open in Safari.
5. Now for me, Safari won’t let me save the mp3 that’s now playing. So copy the URL and paste it in Firefox.
6. In Firefox, hit command-S to save.
7. Return my calls, Sarah.
There is a Greasemonkey script for Firefox that does this…and with ease.